The Founder & Director of Child Aid Foundation is A. Goswami. It was not his original plan to either remain in India or to start a social service organization. During his extensive travels throughout the length and breadth of the country, he repeatedly encountered many very poor and needy children such as slum children, street children, child laborers, and even juvenile delinquents. He was very moved by their plight and inspired to help them. Thus, the seed for the Child Aid Foundation was planted. Goswami started working with such children in 1988 in an informal way on a trial basis. By 1993, the degree of success was such that he decided it was necessary to start a formal organization. Consequently, on June 1st, 1993, the Child Aid Foundation was established. Since then, there has been no looking back!
To enable disadvantaged children to pursue and complete their educations to as high a level as they desire and are capable of achieving.
Many innocent children are forced into critical situations through no fault of their own. If they do not receive aid and support, they become child laborers, street children, or even juvenile delinquents. Child Aid Foundation identifies and saves these types of children. In this way, it works in the areas of prevention and cure as it deals with both the causes and the effects. Child Aid Foundation transforms the very dependent and vulnerable child into an educated, confident, and self-reliant young adult in as short a time as possible. In this way, the maximum possible number of children are helped in the minimum possible time. A great number of children have already been saved and become assets to the society and country in which they live.
The number of children being referred and directly coming to Child Aid Foundation is ever increasing. It is necessary, therefore, to increase both the quality and quantity of care within the present center. Additionally, Child Aid Foundation plans to open branch offices in various important cities. Subsequently, when the response and support from any city becomes sufficient, a full-fledged center will be started in that city.
All underprivileged children must complete their educations, become fully self-reliant, and become beneficial members of the society as well as country.
When you think of charity and social service in India, think of Child Aid Foundation organization and its projects. Child Aid Foundation is a leading, poor and needy child, aid and care organization. The following unique features make it "The Foundation of a Child's Life"!
1. A non-profit, non-political, secular, public charitable trust. The leading N.G.O. in Andhra Pradesh, India working in the areas of child welfare, child education, and child development. Serving and saving impoverished children since 1993
2. Helping children from anywhere
3. Helping both boys and girls
4. Helping children of all ages and academic levels
5. Helping on both a residential and non-residential basis
6. Providing comprehensive aid and care with the aim of enabling poor and needy children to pursue and complete their educations to as high a level as they desire and are capable of achieving
7. Registered with and officially recognized by the government. Granted 12-A tax exemption status by the government (Income Tax Department).
8. Granted 80-G Income Tax Act registration. All donations are tax deductible.
9. Granted F.C.R.A. registration and permission by the central government (Ministry of Home Affairs). Approved to receive contributions in foreign currencies and from foreign sources.
10. Non-dependent on governmental or foreign institutional funding
11. Supported by many private individual donations in cash and kind. Any size of donation, in cash or kind, gratefully accepted
12. A unique variety of donation schemes to choose from that suit everyone's preferences and budgets
13. Reputable board of trustees
14. Qualified and dedicated staff
15. Inspection visits are most welcome and requested
16. A Telugu Association of North America (T.A.N.A.) official "Supported Project"
17. A GIVE India official "Partner N.G.O."
18. A "Credibility Alliance" official "Member" N.G.O.
19. An "Asha for Education" officially "Supported Project"
20. A "Charities Aid Foundation official "Charity Partner"
21. An Gupta Family Foundation official "Supported Organization"
22. A "NWA Aashraya" "Supported N.G.O."
23. A very genuine, reputable, credible, and transparently managed N.G.O.
Founder & Director
Trustee & Patron
Trustee & General Manager
Donation Boxes Project Manager
Electrician & Plumber
Carpenter & Welder
Chartered Accountant & Auditor
General Cleaner & Laundry Washer
Child Aid Foundation has aided, cared for, developed, and transformed a great number of unfortunate children into educated, mature, responsible, and self-sufficient young adults with positive occupations, professions, and careers. All are now beneficial members of the society and country in which they live. We consider this to be our main achievement!
1. Child Aid Foundation was founded in 1993 and is serving and saving many poor and needy children since then.
2. Child Aid Foundation has been granted about one acre of land by the government of India for its many social service activities.
3. On its land, Child Aid Foundation has constructed permanent buildings that are being actively used for various charitable purposes.
4. Child Aid Foundation started by helping only a few children. It now has many children, boys and girls, under its care both residential and non-residential. The number of beneficiaries is ever increasing.
5. Child Aid Foundation is running a charitable hostel (dormitory) under the name of "Chatravas Hostel Project" wherein boys of various ages and academic levels reside full-time. These children receive comprehensive aid and care.
6. Child Aid Foundation is running "Vidya Education Project". A division of this project is the "S.V.B. High School". This is C.A.F.'s own, residential and non-residential school for boys and girls from the nursery to the tenth class/grade. After the 10th class, the children are admitted into higher educational institutes in the city. C.A.F. continues to sponsor all their educational and living expenses to as high an academic level as they desire and are capable of achieving.
7. Child Aid Foundation is running "Balika Girls Project" exclusively for the girl-child. Children in this division are non-residential, and may live anywhere in impoverished conditions. Child Aid Foundation sponsors whatever they need to pursue and complete their educations to as high a level as they desire and are capable of completing.
9. Child Aid Foundation has been granted 12-A, and 80-G status by the Income Tax Department. This means that very proper accounts must be maintained, audited, and submitted to the Income Tax Commissioner for scrutiny and approval at the end of every financial year. It also means that all donations to Child Aid Foundation are tax deductible.
10. Child Aid Foundation has also been granted Foreign Contributions Regulation Act (F.C.R.A.) registration and permission from the Ministry of Home Affairs. This registration and permission is granted only after a very thorough investigation of an organization by the concerned authorities including a personal visit from a Central Bureau of Investigation (C.B.I.) official. Such registration and permission means that Child Aid Foundation is permitted to receive donations from foreign sources.
11. Child Aid Foundation had been awarded official recognition by the government Woman Development and Child Welfare Department. Such recognition is awarded to an organization only after a very thorough inquiry by all concerned authorities including officials from the Police Department, and from the Woman Development and Child Welfare Department. Such recognition is proof that the organization is genuine, reputable, credible, and transparently managed. It also made the organization eligible for government aid if the organization desires to apply for such aid.
12. Child Aid Foundation’s school division has been awarded official recognition by the Department of Education. The concerned government officials regularly inspect the school and ensure that all rules and regulations are being strictly followed.
13. Through its very large network of contacts, Child Aid Foundation has assisted many of the children who completed their educations with their initial job placements.
14. Child Aid Foundation is one of the very few N.G.O.s who can truthfully state that they do not depend on any governmental or foreign institutional funding! Through many years of sincere hard work, Child Aid has developed a very large and dedicated group of private individual sponsors from within the state, within the country, and even outside the country. This is proof of the excellent reputation and support Child Aid Foundation has deservedly earned from the public and society.
15. Child Aid Foundation's activities and achievements have inspired dedicated representatives and volunteers to work for the organization in various locations in the state, country, and abroad. It is Child Aid Foundation's goal and plan to first establish formal branch offices in these various locations and then, when the response and support becomes sufficient, establish full-fledged branch centers!
16. Child Aid Foundation is affiliated with, an official partner of, and is listed as well as promoted by many prestigious organizations. Such affiliation and partnership is only by invitation, and only for very genuine, reputable, and credible organizations that comply with an extensive list of these organizations' credibility and good practices norms. Some of the prominent organizations that partner with, list, and promote Child Aid Foundation are: GIVE India, Credibility Alliance, T.A.N.A, Foundation, NWA Aashraya, Asha For Education, Gupta Family Foundation, and Charities Aid Foundation.